Much of‘s growth appears to be fueled by celebrities and online marketers. With its relative newness, I think most users just require more time to get acquainted with before they will take full advantage of it.
- 72.5% of all users have joined since January 2009
- 85.3% of all users post less than one update per day
- 21% of users have never posted a Tweet
- 93.6% of users have less than 100 followers, while 92.4% follow less than 100 people.
- 5% of users account for 75% of all activity
- New York has the most Twitters users, followed by Los Angeles, Toronto, San Francisco and Boston; while
- Detroit was the fast-growing city over the first five months of 2009
- More than 50% of all updates are published using tools, mobile and Web-based, other than .com.
- TweetDeck is the most popular non- .com tool with 19.7% market share.
- There are more women on (53%) than men (47%)
- Of the people who identify themselves as marketers, 15% follow more than 2,000 people. This compares with 0.29% of overall users who follow more than 2,000 people
Interesting facts about‘s current user base, perhaps it will look much different in 6 months.